More updates today, mainly aesthetic. I changed the text to mixed case, but this left me without a heart character for the lives. I had considered using the tick character, but instead I copied the character data into RAM and replaced that with the heart. This means that the code is now fully ready to accept a full, custom character set.
The other minor change is showing a full Bonus on the very first intro screen.
In the code itself I’ve finally removed redundant code left over from early testing. The game now must be reset to exit. Run/Stop – Restore has also been disabled. This has always been the intent.
The download link is here and it runs fine on every emulator I’ve tried, and on a real C64C with SD2IEC. There is no special loader so no bother 😉