My wife bought a Pinter home brew system for my birthday. It arrived today.
I started following the instructions online and quickly realised I’d screwed up. I used water from a jug that hadn’t been washed out after using it for measuring carpet cleaner!
So I got the purifier out of the other pack and used that instead. Now I have a pack without purifier so I’m going to have to look for some… more on this further down.
The rest of the process was easy, and the online instructions clear and shown as a series of videos. It’s now resting in a cupboard for the next 4 days (I may leave it a day longer as it’s stated to improve the flavour).
So then I went searching for a replacement for the purifier. It’s shown on the pack as sodium percarbonate so I went searching, discovered something and realised something else!
Discovery: sodium percarbonate is oxy cleaner! It’s the exact same chemical! We have plenty of that here so replacement solved.
Realisation: the purifier was all discarded, there was no need to waste the first pack!
Anyway, more on this next week after brewing and conditioning 🙂